Virtual Open Day
Book Now Add to shortlist
Wednesday 20 May 2020 open day
Starts at: 10:15
Finishes at: 15:30
All Academic Schools
Yes, booking needed
Book a Virtual Open Day
Join Bangor University on a Virtual Open Day. You can find out about courses, speak to lecturers and staff during Live Chat sessions, watch videos and presentations and take 360 tours around our campus and accommodation.
Select a date for open day details and booking information
Discover Bangor University
At Bangor University we offer an experience unlike any other, situated between the mountains and the sea we offer quality teaching in a location that’s sure to inspire you. Student experience is important to us and we are proud to have some of the most satisfied students in the UK*.
Bangor is a small student-centric city with a friendly welcoming environment. Students from across the globe come to study with us at Bangor, we have a strong culturally diverse student body with over 10,000 students from over 80 countries. Teaching staff are based within fourteen Academic Schools with hundreds of courses across the arts and sciences.
Why Choose Bangor?
- Gold Rated Teaching – Awarded Gold for our teaching, we were judged to deliver consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students and our teaching is of the highest quality found in the UK.
- A reputation for excellence – We are ranked in the top 40 in the UK for research*, according to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014. The REF recognised that more than three-quarters of our research is either world-leading or internationally excellent, ahead of the average for UK universities.
- Work Placements Options – Most of our courses offer a Work Placement year where you will receive support from our staff to find valuable work experience.
- International Experience – Choose to spend between 3 and 12 months studying abroad during your second year, your work will contribute towards your degree.
- Committed to Sustainability - We are committed to being known globally as The Sustainable University, currently we’re in the top 3% of the world’s greenest universities according to the Universitas Indonesia UI Green Metric.
To help you with your studies we provide a range of learning resources including libraries, archives, study skills, computing, media and reprographics facilities. We have extensive IT facilities for use and a range of subject specialist resources that include;
- a multimedia Language Centre
- a £3.5 million ocean-going research ship
- tropical marine, temperate marine and freshwater aquaria
- a natural history museum
- a £1.5M MRI scanner
- Treborth Botanic Garden on the edge of the Menai Starit – all divisions of the plant kingdom are represented across its 45 acres and is also home to the native red squirrel population and a heron colony
- a farm with research programmes in crops, agroforestry and environmental sciences.
Bursaries & Scholarships
As you would expect from a University that places great emphasis on student support, we are keen to offer extra help to students. We currently offer a range of bursaries and scholarship worth over £3.4 million to new and retuning students.
Preparing you for the future
Our Skills and Employability Service offers a wide range of schemes to help students develop employability skills, including internships, work placements and the Bangor Employability Award.
Come and explore Bangor for yourself. We hold Open Day’s throughout the year where you can learn more about our degrees, tour the halls of residence and get information about student finance.
*NSS 2019 Top 10 UK University for Student Satisfaction non-specialist Universities.