Now’s the time to get a real insight into university life by coming along to an Open Day. We can’t wait to welcome you here.
Book Now Add to shortlist
- Saturday 1 July 2023
- Start time:
- End time:
Yes, booking needed
Discover for yourself what Bangor University can offer at an on-campus Open Day. On the day there will be opportunity to, learn more about your subject area, tour our student accommodation and get familiar with the campus. You can attend presentations on student life and student finance and chat to members of staff from your school, student support and admissions. Please note a link will be sent to you once you register with further information about the event.
Discover Bangor University
At Bangor, you'll find excellent teaching, a welcoming community and one of the best overall student experiences in the UK. Accommodation is guaranteed, clubs and societies are free to join and there are hundreds of courses to choose from.
Bangor University's location
is truly one of a kind, the stunning Snowdonia Mountains act as a backdrop for the city and the sandy beaches of Anglesey are only a short bus ride away. A small, welcoming city, Bangor is the perfect choice for those looking for a close-knit community, with a lower cost of living all whilst being surrounded by nature.
We offer the the highest quality teaching in a supportive learning environment, and you can be assured that you will be taught by lecturers who want to see you thrive. You can choose to study from courses across the sciences, arts, business, law, and humanities with many courses offering the opportunity to gain work experience as part of your degree. We also offer a variety of learning pathways, including degree apprenticeships and foundation degrees.
Why Choose Bangor?
- A reputation for excellence – Bangor University’s research has been ranked highly in the Government’s most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF2021), with 85% judged to be world-leading or internationally excellent.
- Work Placements Options – Most of our courses offer a Work Placement year where you will receive support from our staff to find valuable work experience.
- International Experience – Choose to study or work abroad for an additional year whilst studying on most of our undergraduate courses.
- Guaranteed Accommodation – We offer guaranteed accommodation to all first year students who put Bangor as their firm choice and apply by the given deadline.
To help you with your studies we provide a range of learning resources including libraries, archives, study skills, computing, media and reprographics facilities. We have extensive IT facilities for use and a range of subject specialist resources that include;
- Multimedia Language Centre
- £3.5 million ocean-going research ship
- Tropical marine, temperate marine and freshwater aquaria
- Natural history museum
- £1.5M MRI scanner
- Treborth Botanic Garden on the edge of the Menai Starit – all divisions of the plant kingdom are represented across its 45 acres and is also home to the native red squirrel population and a heron colony
- Farm with research programmes in crops, agroforestry and environmental sciences.
Bursaries & Scholarships
As you would expect from a university that places great emphasis on student support, we are keen to offer extra help to students. We currently offer a range of bursaries and scholarship to new and retuning students including approximately 40 Merit Scholarships for those who excel in the annual Entrance Scholarships.
Preparing you for the future
Our Skills and Employability Service offers a wide range of schemes to help students develop employability skills, including internships, work placements and the Bangor Employability Award.
Come and explore Bangor for yourself. We hold on-campus and virtual Open Days throughout the year where you can learn more about our degrees, tour the accommodation and get information about student life and finance.