Goldsmiths Undergraduate Open Day
Book Now Add to shortlist
- Saturday 26 June 2021
- Start time:
- End time:
On-campus / virtual
Yes, booking needed
This event will include talks and interaction with academics online, although we are hoping to be able to welcome some visitors to campus for tours of our facilities. The in-person activities will only go ahead if it is safe to do so for staff and visitors.
For our June 2021 Open Day, we are hoping to be able to have some in-person activity, so you can look around the campus and our facilities. These plans will only go ahead if it is safe for visitors and staff. Talks and interaction with academic staff will be online.
No open days listed for this institution at the moment
A UK top 20 university
Part of the internationally recognised University of London for more than a century, Goldsmiths is one of the world’s top 100, and the UK’s top 20, universities for the arts and humanities. We offer undergraduate, postgraduate and return-to-study opportunities in these areas, and we’re also known for subjects covering the social sciences, computing, teacher training and management.
Creative, innovative and relevant
We look at subjects in creative and unconventional ways, but everything we do is based on the highest academic standards of teaching and research. Many of our lecturers and academics are active in the creative and cultural industries, so your learning will be informed by currently practice and you’ll develop relevant real-world skills.
A bright future
We’ll work hard to make sure that the skills you develop at Goldsmiths are relevant, that your talents are supported, and that your career motivation is nurtured. You’ll benefit from:
- Work placements on some of our degree programmes.
- Invaluable work experience through the volunteering opportunities organised and supported by the Students’ Union.
- Personal development opportunities including the Gold Award, which can help you recognise and develop the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
- Professional accreditation on completion of some of our degrees.
- Workshop programmes offered by our Institute for Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship, which help develop enterprise and entrepreneurial skills and encourage you to think creatively about your future.
- The facilities and expertise of the Goldsmiths Careers Service, which is part of The Careers Group, University of London – the largest careers service in the country.
Our graduates go on to do amazing things. Find out more at http://www.gold.ac.uk/our-people.
Our financial support package for undergraduates is one of the most generous of any London university. For new undergraduates starting this year, we have scholarships, bursaries and fee waivers to help you fund your studies. We also have a range of scholarships, bursaries, departmental awards and PhD studentships available for postgraduate students. Postgraduates can also take advantage of the new government Postgraduate Loan Scheme.
Find out more about our funding for undergraduate and postgraduate students by visiting http://www.gold.ac.uk/fees-funding
Goldsmiths is located in New Cross, South East London. A vibrant, urban area with a thriving music and arts scene, it’s known as a hub of creative talent. Excellent transport links take you into central London in less than 15 minutes, and it’s also a great base to explore other parts of South East London as well as further afield. Find out more at www.gold.ac.uk/local
Another benefit of being in London is that there are good opportunities for finding part-time employment while you study, which will help supplement your income.