Goldsmiths Postgraduate Virtual Open Day
Book Now Add to shortlist
- Friday 26 November 2021
- Start time:
- End time:
Yes, booking needed
Join us to find out more about studying at postgraduate level at Goldsmiths. This event will take place online via Zoom.
You will be able to attend live talks from programme leaders across our departments. There will also be general talks welcoming you to Goldsmiths, as well as talks about the Graduate School, returning to study and mature learners.
You can also learn about our accommodation, scholarships and bursaries, and get advice on applications.
A UK top 20 university
Part of the internationally recognised University of London for more than a century, Goldsmiths is one of the world’s top 100, and the UK’s top 20, universities for the arts and humanities. We offer undergraduate, postgraduate and return-to-study opportunities in these areas, and we’re also known for subjects covering the social sciences, computing, teacher training and management.
Creative, innovative and relevant
We look at subjects in creative and unconventional ways, but everything we do is based on the highest academic standards of teaching and research. Many of our lecturers and academics are active in the creative and cultural industries, so your learning will be informed by currently practice and you’ll develop relevant real-world skills.
A bright future
We’ll work hard to make sure that the skills you develop at Goldsmiths are relevant, that your talents are supported, and that your career motivation is nurtured. You’ll benefit from:
- Work placements on some of our degree programmes.
- Invaluable work experience through the volunteering opportunities organised and supported by the Students’ Union.
- Personal development opportunities including the Gold Award, which can help you recognise and develop the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
- Professional accreditation on completion of some of our degrees.
- Workshop programmes offered by our Institute for Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship, which help develop enterprise and entrepreneurial skills and encourage you to think creatively about your future.
- The facilities and expertise of the Goldsmiths Careers Service, which is part of The Careers Group, University of London – the largest careers service in the country.
Our graduates go on to do amazing things. Find out more at http://www.gold.ac.uk/our-people.
Our financial support package for undergraduates is one of the most generous of any London university. For new undergraduates starting this year, we have scholarships, bursaries and fee waivers to help you fund your studies. We also have a range of scholarships, bursaries, departmental awards and PhD studentships available for postgraduate students. Postgraduates can also take advantage of the new government Postgraduate Loan Scheme.
Find out more about our funding for undergraduate and postgraduate students by visiting http://www.gold.ac.uk/fees-funding
Goldsmiths is located in New Cross, South East London. A vibrant, urban area with a thriving music and arts scene, it’s known as a hub of creative talent. Excellent transport links take you into central London in less than 15 minutes, and it’s also a great base to explore other parts of South East London as well as further afield. Find out more at www.gold.ac.uk/local
Another benefit of being in London is that there are good opportunities for finding part-time employment while you study, which will help supplement your income.