The University of Law is one of the UK's longest-established specialist providers of legal education. In fact, we've trained more practising lawyers in the UK than anyone else. With a rich heritage and a reputation for innovation and contemporary teaching practices, we focus on developing the best legal and business minds.
With such close links between law and business, it makes sense that a specialist in legal education is well equipped to deliver excellent business education. The University of Law Business School is a faculty of the University of Law offering undergraduate and postgraduate business degrees.
If you’re looking to find out more about Postgraduate studies in law and business, please visit The University of Law website.
Read on to find out how We Support Your Ambition through our undergraduate courses, whether you’re interested in Law, Criminology, Policing or Business.
For undergraduate studies, we have eight campuses in eight cities around the UK – Birmingham, Bristol, Chester, Guildford, Leeds, London Bloomsbury, Manchester and Nottingham.
All our campuses are ideally located near thriving commercial centres, leading law firms, chambers and transport links. The range of courses available at each campus do vary by location.
We also offer a unique switching facility – read more about this below.
Discover more about all our locations.
For those looking for a more flexible option, we have a range of online degree courses in law or business, including part-time courses.
We Support Your Ambition
Your aspirations are what drive you and we understand that you want to kick-start your career. We share your ambition and we will give you a solid professional foundation for you to build your career.
Smaller campus sizes allow our tutors to build a personal relationship with every student, providing them with maximum support to reach their individual aspirations.
We specialise in teaching and focus our energy on developing innovative, highly effective teaching and learning methods that equip students for their professional career.
We have a great range of undergraduate law, criminology or policing courses to choose from.
For our Business School, we offer a variety of undergraduate courses covering a number of business disciplines, such as management, finance and marketing.
Many of our undergraduate degrees are also available as a 4 year degree with a Foundation Year.
Find out more about Undergraduate Law, Policing or Criminology courses
Find out more about Undergraduate Business courses.
All of our campuses provide the same first-class professional learning environment. Our well-equipped IT suites, comprehensive law libraries, quiet study areas and vibrant social spots cater to all your study needs.
Why choose us?
Here are some more reasons why ULaw is a great place to study:
- High quality teaching: in 2019, The University of Law was awarded a silver rating in the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF). We were found to deliver high quality teaching, learning and outcomes for our students and consistently exceed rigorous national quality requirements for UK higher education.
- Taught by professionals: for undergraduate studies, 90% of our LLB tutors are qualified lawyers and all of our Business School tutors have commercial experience.
- Employability: 92% of our full-time UK LLB students graduating in 2017 secured employment or further study within six months of successfully completing their course.
- Expert Careers Service: our specialist careers and employability service is one of the largest in the UK, with over 30 experts providing one-to-one support to students.
- Top 10 for student satisfaction: ULaw has achieved top ten placements among universities in the UK for 5 categories in the National Student Survey 2019: teaching, learning opportunities, academic support, learning resources and student voice.
- A varied pro bono programme: our pro bono team put your legal skills into practice by giving you access to over 3,000 opportunities to work on real cases while you’re studying.
- Over 64,000 Alumni: our expansive legal alumni group gives our law and business students excellent networking opportunities.
In addition, we have some exciting initiatives on offer:
- International Leadership Summer School, Berlin: as part of our ongoing commitment to supporting your ambitions, we are offering our 2020 undergraduate students the opportunity to attend our International Leadership Summer School in Berlin, where you can develop key employment skills and explore this exciting city with your fellow ULaw students. T&Cs apply, more information about our International Leadership Summer School, Berlin.
- Switch It Up: our unique switching facility allows students to choose to study at one, two or more campuses to sample life in different cities during their studies and/or to change from one Law or business degree to another (Terms and Conditions apply, more about Switch It Up).
- Free Master’s: progress onto a Master’s degree for free* - we are the first and only UK University to offer a free Master’s degree when you study a business degree with us *T&Cs apply, find out more about The University of Law Business School Free Master’s.