Psychology Taster Tutorial
Book Now Add to shortlist
Wednesday 14 November 2018 open day
Starts at: 14:00
Finishes at: 16:00
University of Buckingham
Yes, booking needed
The Department of Psychology at the University of Buckingham will be holding showcase tutorials for those interested in studying BSc Psychology. The tutorials will take place at the Franciscan Building on our Verney Park Campus.
This is an opportunity for prospective students to see the Psychology degree in action. You will have the opportunity to:
- Meet the lecturers who teach on the course.
- Sample a tutorial to see if this style of teaching is right for you.
- Chat to postgraduates who will also describe the impact gaining a Psychology degree at the University of Buckingham has had on their lives.
- Meet current students and find out what they think about the degree structure and content. You can find out what it’s like to be a student at Buckingham and how our students are finding the unique 2-year programme.
A Psychology degree represents a tremendous opportunity for personal and career development and attending a tutorial session will allow you to gain some insight into how well Buckingham structure their degree to enhance the success of our students.
Select a date for open day details and booking information
The University of Buckingham holds a unique position in UK Higher Education. We were the first independent university in the UK to receive a Royal Charter, and this status has given us the freedom to be distinctive and put our students first. For example, Buckingham pioneered the two-year honours degree, and opened the UK’s first independent Medical School. We provide our students with a personalised learning experience, with our small-group tutorial system and exceptional pastoral care.
Why Choose Buckingham?
- Two-Year degrees: Complete your honours degree in two years
- Top for Teaching Quality (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018)
- Small class sizes: 2nd in the UK for Student-Staff Ratio (The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018)
- Satisfied students: 1st in the UK for Student Satisfaction 2015, 2016 and 2017
The teaching at Buckingham is based around our unique tutorial teaching model. For every module of your course, every week of your degree, you will have a Buckingham tutorial.
Tutorials are in addition to lectures and seminars (which are normally with your whole class). The tutorials vary in size depending upon the subject you are studying, but consist of between five and eight students and a tutor. This means that, at Buckingham, you get quality contact time with our staff
The Buckingham tutorial ensures that you are not a face in the crowd, but that your tutors get to know who you are and what you are about. This means that when they come to write references for your postgraduate study and employment, they know you well and can easily and accurately talk about your strengths.
In addition to the academic support provided in Buckingham tutorials, they also enable students to develop transferable skills, particularly those involving critical thinking and communication.
Our tutorials encourage students to ask questions and engage in debate and discussion about their degree subject. We believe that this is the single most important reason why Buckingham is rated highly for Student Satisfaction (National Student Survey 2006-present), Teaching Quality (Times and Sunday Times ‘Good University Guide’), and Student Experience (Times and Sunday Times ‘Good University Guide’).