Postgraduate Open Evening.
Book Now Add to shortlist
Wednesday 6 March 2019 open day
Starts at: 16:30
Finishes at: 19:30
All postgraduate departments.
University of Plymouth
Yes, booking needed
Visit the University of Plymouth and find out about the range of postgraduate and professional development opportunities that are available to you. Both academic and professional support staff from the University will be available throughout the evening to answer your questions and give you advice, guidance, and information about our programmes.
The programme will be emailed to you 1 week prior to the event so you can begin to plan your day.
Select a date for open day details and booking information
The University of Plymouth is a modern campus university ideally placed in the centre of Britain’s Ocean City. Situated in the South West, the University is nestled between the long sandy beaches of Devon and Cornwall and the rugged beauty of Dartmoor. An exciting place to live and study, you can choose from a wide range of outstanding courses and immerse yourself in a welcoming and supportive environment.
WHY CHOOSE THE UNIVERSITY OF PLYMOUTH?
- The University of Plymouth is a Top 10 UK modern university (Times Higher Education ‘Young Universities’ 2019).
- In 2018 the university was awarded a Silver TEF (Teaching Excellence Framework).
- We were rated amongst the top 25 universities for Job Prospects in 2019 (What Uni Student Choice Awards 2019).
- Plymouth is ranked 8th in the world and 1st in the UK for Marine and Ocean Engineering in the ShanghaiRanking Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2019.
- The University of Plymouth have 94% of their graduates either in further study or in employment (StudentCrowd).
- A top 50 UK university in terms of research power, according to the most recent Research Excellence Framework (2014).
- Plymouth was the first university in the world to receive the Social Enterprise Mark in Higher Education, the sole independent accreditation awarded to organisations that put people and planet alongside profit.
CITY CENTRE CAMPUS
The University of Plymouth is a city based campus which means everything is within a short walking distance, including student accommodation. With Plymouth’s coastline no more than 15 minutes’ walk away and the shopping centre around 5 minutes from the main campus studying here means you get the best of both worlds. The University of Plymouth is one of the largest universities in the South West and has a wide variety of Student Union Societies, facilities, cafes and bars on or close to the campus.
- On campus you will find a 24-hour library, the lively Students’ Union, and a large selection of cafés serving everything from delicious fresh salads to deep pan pizzas.
- There are state-of-the-art facilities including our performing arts centre, The House, and our landmark Marine Station, which houses wet labs and a fleet of boats for research and fieldwork purposes.
- For fitness and wellbeing, we offer a wealth of services. Not only do we have the Nancy Astor Sports Centre and a 50-station Gym right
- Drake Circus shopping centre is directly opposite our campus in the bustling Plymouth city centre. There you’ll find plenty of great shops, cafés, bars and restaurants to visit.
- A new development adjacent to Drake Circus will include a 12-screen cinema with an IMAX digital screen and multiple new restaurants and bars – due to open end of 2019.
- Only a short walk away, our historic Barbican Harbour sits beside the vast expanse of the Hoe. Both locations offer relaxing and fun activities a stone’s throw from the sea and have spectacular views of Plymouth Sound.
- Plymouth hosts a wealth of regular events including the British Firework championships, regular farmers’ markets and various music festivals.