Make the life-changing decision to study at the University of Portsmouth. You will receive a first-class educational experience led by world-class researchers. Our courses are taught by academics who are passionate about their subject and who are determined to inspire their students. You will also work with a host of experts from professors and researchers, to industry practitioners and support staff, as well as a personal tutor who you can go to for advice and guidance. We’re here to help you find the direction that suits you as an individual and prepare you for a successful and rewarding career.
All of our undergraduate students have opportunities to make them stand out from the crowd. You can:
- benefit from work-related learning experience as part of your course
- learn a foreign language completely free of charge
- get involved in local, national and international volunteering opportunities
- gain work experience through participation in student democracy, media and event-organising opportunities on campus
- develop your entrepreneurial side via units within your course or get support in taking forward a business idea through our Centre for Enterprise
As a student you'll work with business and industry professionals. Around half of our students study on courses which are accredited or validated by professional organisations, and many more of our degrees offer an accelerated route to qualifying with a profession or obtaining chartered status.
We prepare you for the real world of employment with ongoing careers support from the moment you start, to several years after you finish.
In the 2016 National Student Survey, the University of Portsmouth achieved a student satisfaction rate of 89 per cent. These results mark the tenth year running that Portsmouth students have rated their university above the English national average which, this year, stood at 86 per cent.
Everything’s close by in Portsmouth. One minute you could be standing on the deck of an historic ship, the next you could be walking down a bustling shopping street, browsing in a gallery or sitting on the beach. The city’s flat – perfect for cycling - and everything is close by so it’s easy to get around. By night, Portsmouth comes alive with gigs, bars, restaurants, clubs and shows.