Master's Virtual Open Day
Book Now Add to shortlist
Friday 12 June 2020 open day
Starts at: 11:00
Finishes at: 14:00
Although most academic departments will be represented at this event, this will be confirmed once the booking form has opened three weeks before the event. Please check the booking form carefully to ensure that your department of interest will be involved in this event.
University of Reading
Yes, booking needed
Booking will open three weeks before the event. Before this you can use our ‘register your interest’ form so we can contact you when booking opens.
This is an opportunity to learn more about what Reading has to offer at postgraduate level.
Our virtual event will include presentations and Q&A sessions with academic staff on our different master’s courses, as well as live chat with our current students.
Staff from our Accommodation, Admissions and Student Financial Support teams will also be on hand to answer your questions.
Select a date for open day details and booking information
The University of Reading is one of the UK's leading research-intensive universities. We offer an outstanding experience for all of our students – inspiring students academically and equipping everyone for their next step after graduation, whether it be work or further study.
We're a tight, bustling community where our students can make a big impact. We have high expectations of everyone, and help them reach their full potential.
We offer over 200 flexible courses, teaching of the highest calibre, and a multitude of opportunities, from studying abroad to learning languages to undertaking work placements.
People often comment on the friendly and vibrant atmosphere here at Reading. It’s a place to meet new people from around the world and to build friendships that last a lifetime. There is a huge range of societies, sports clubs and volunteering opportunities to get involved with, alongside a busy social calendar organised by Reading University Students’ Union. From the beautiful campus the town centre is only a short walk away, and London is just half an hour by train. The possibilities are limitless.
• 7 courses listed in the UK top 10 (Complete University Guide 2016)
• Over 150 years of history, with origins as a University of Oxford extension college
• 98% of research rated of international standing/quality - REF 2014
• 30 minutes to central London and 40 minutes to Heathrow airport
• Our beautiful 130-hectare main campus, Whiteknights, has a Green Flag Award and was voted top campus space in the UK
About our students:
• 18,000 students from over 150 countries
• 83% student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2018)
• 94% of graduates in work or further study six months after graduating (Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2016)
• 73% of graduates in professional or managerial jobs just six months after graduating - well above average
Your time at Reading:
• Over 200 courses to choose from, including many opportunities to combine subjects
• You’ll be taught by top academics with a rare passion for their subject
• 1-2-1 academic support
• Opportunities to study and work abroad
• Work placements and language learning for every student
• Jobshop for part-time jobs and professional careers advice, even after you graduate
• Over 100 societies and 50 sports clubs to join
• Great social life on campus and in Reading town, which is within walking distance, or take one of the buses from the Whiteknights campus, which run every seven minutes.