Now’s the time to get a real insight into university life by coming along to an Open Day. We can’t wait to welcome you here.
Book Now Add to shortlist
- Saturday 26 November 2022
Yes, booking needed
Discover for yourself what Bangor University can offer at an on-campus Open Day. On the day there will be opportunity to, learn more about your subject area, tour our student accommodation and get familiar with the campus. You can attend presentations on student life and student finance and chat to members of staff from your school, student support and admissions. Please note a link will be sent to you once you register with further information about the event.
Discover Bangor University
At Bangor University we offer an experience unlike any other, situated between the mountains and the sea we offer quality teaching in a location that’s sure to inspire you. Great teaching, award-winning accommodation, and a supportive environment are just some reasons why you’ll love your time at Bangor.
Bangor is a small student-centric city with a friendly welcoming environment. Students from across the globe come to study with us at Bangor, we have a strong culturally diverse student body with over 10,000 students from over 80 countries. Teaching staff are based within fourteen Academic Schools with hundreds of courses across the arts and sciences.
Why Choose Bangor?
- A reputation for excellence – We are ranked in the top 40 in the UK for research*, according to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014. The REF recognised that more than three-quarters of our research is either world-leading or internationally excellent, ahead of the average for UK universities.
- Work Placements Options – Most of our courses offer a Work Placement year where you will receive support from our staff to find valuable work experience.
- International Experience – Choose to spend between 3 and 12 months studying abroad during your second year, your work will contribute towards your degree.
- Guaranteed Accommodation – We offer guaranteed accommodation to all first year students who put Bangor as their firm choice.
To help you with your studies we provide a range of learning resources including libraries, archives, study skills, computing, media and reprographics facilities. We have extensive IT facilities for use and a range of subject specialist resources that include;
- a multimedia Language Centre
- a £3.5 million ocean-going research ship
- tropical marine, temperate marine and freshwater aquaria
- a natural history museum
- a £1.5M MRI scanner
- Treborth Botanic Garden on the edge of the Menai Starit – all divisions of the plant kingdom are represented across its 45 acres and is also home to the native red squirrel population and a heron colony
- a farm with research programmes in crops, agroforestry and environmental sciences.
Bursaries & Scholarships
As you would expect from a University that places great emphasis on student support, we are keen to offer extra help to students. We currently offer a range of bursaries and scholarship worth over £3.4 million to new and retuning students.
Preparing you for the future
Our Skills and Employability Service offers a wide range of schemes to help students develop employability skills, including internships, work placements and the Bangor Employability Award.
Come and explore Bangor for yourself. We hold Open Days throughout the year where you can learn more about our degrees, tours the halls of residence and get information about student finance.