London Metropolitan University is a diverse, welcoming and vibrant university, located in the heart of one of the world’s most exciting capital cities. The University prides itself on transforming lives through education, so whatever your ambitions, London Met will help you be the best you can possibly be. London Met offers a wide range of courses, so you’re sure to find a course to suit you.
You’ll get all the support you need to study the subject you’re passionate about, have exciting opportunities for work experience and enjoy lectures from inspiring tutors. You’ll also benefit from studying in a diverse, supportive and welcoming environment, with a fantastic range of student support services, state-of-the-art facilities and a vibrant student social life, which will help ensure you enjoy your time at London Met.
Why choose London Met?
- With its cosmopolitan community of over 12,000 students from 146 nationalities, you’ll be sure to meet people from all over the world and make friends for life.
- London Met offers a wide range of student societies, sports clubs and volunteering opportunities to get you into the swing of student life.
- With London at your doorstep, the possibilities are limitless: from exploring the wealth of the city’s top attractions such as galleries, museums and beautiful parks to festivals, gigs and the chance to gain invaluable work experience opportunities.
- Throughout your time at London Met we offer a multitude of options to enhance your university experience, including work related learning opportunities for all undergraduate students and studying abroad in a range of countries from Europe to the USA, Japan and the West Indies for certain courses.
What makes London Met great?
- London Met outperformed three out of the five London Russell Group universities (UCL, Queen Mary, and LSE) for teaching excellence, National Student Survey, 2017.
- 95% of our graduates are in work or further study within six months of graduating, Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey 2015-16, released in July 2017.
- London is ranked as the number one city in the world for university students, QS Best Student City 2018.
Our campus and facilities
Over the next few years, as part of a multimillion pound investment, the University’s campuses in Islington, Moorgate and Aldgate will be brought together in one location in Islington. This will see all the University’s students brought together for the first time in the its history.
The University boasts state-of-the art learning, library and IT facilities, a mock courtroom, purpose-built art, design and recording studios and a £100,000 journalism newsroom. London Met’s £30 million Science Centre is one of the largest science teaching labs in Europe.
Your future is bright at London Met
London Met places employability at the heart of everything it does and as a result has a high rate of graduate employment. The University’s courses, many of which are accredited by professional bodies, are carefully crafted to incorporate new and emerging industry trends and practice. The University’s innovative work-related learning module and graduate internship scheme will help you gain work-based experience during your studies. The supportive environment and dedicated careers team will help get you career-ready, with networking events, career advice, as well as tips on CVs and interview techniques.
With its first-class facilities, teaching excellence, high employability record, central location in the heart of London and vibrant student life, London Met is committed to providing you with the best possible university experience - you will enjoy every second here.
Want to get a taste of what you can expect at our open days? The short video below, taken at one of our undergraduate open days captures the mood and feedback from visitors.
You’ll get support every step of the way, from the moment you enquire to the years after graduation. Why not pay London Met a visit? You can attend an open day, take a campus tour, get help with your university or student finance application and much more.