One of the most renowned centres of education in the world, the city of Oxford has much to offer students – including a great live music scene, world-famous museums, an impressive history, cultural diversity and international cuisine.
Life in Oxford
- The Cowley Road is the heart of Oxford's student population. It offers independent, international and good value eateries and bars, plus music venues, shops and street art.
- Oxford is also home to ancient pubs, student bars, cocktail spots and nightclubs, as well as a serious music scene hosting live music and festivals.
- Oxford has some of Britain's oldest public museums and galleries, and also features innovative and boundary-pushing performance art.
- Alongside an impressive history and beautiful buildings, there are also modern shopping centres and the opportunity to try punting – an Oxford classic!
- Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, there are more than 50 parks, meadows and nature reserves to discover.
Brookes Sport is open to everyone, regardless of your ability, commitment level or past experience.
From American football to Zumba, there are plenty of opportunities to get active, compete, or simply socialise. Facilities include excellent gyms, a premier climbing wall, swimming pool, boathouse, courts, pitches, sports bar and more.