Starting university is an exciting time and also a time of great change. Support and wellbeing are the wraparound services we offer to ensure you feel supported to make the most of your time at Oxford Brookes.
- Study skills advice is available to all students and covers academic English support.
- Student support coordinators offer advice and guidance on academic/personal issues.
- An NHS medical centre is available on our Headington Campus.
- NHS and private dental care is also available on Headington Campus.
We also offer counselling and mental health support through our wellbeing services, this includes:
- Free and confidential one-to-one counselling by experienced staff.
- Online counselling is available, along with groups and workshops on a range of issues.
- Self-help resources for mental wellbeing are also available online.
Tailored and dedicated support is available for all students with disabilities. We also provide specific help with the following:
- Advice and guidance on applying for a Disabled Students' Allowance.
- Help with gaining access to assistive technology.
- Help with securing suitable accommodation.
Oxford Brookes has a wide range of financial support available to help students pay tuition fees and cover living costs.
The Oxford Brookes Bursaries Scheme is available to qualifying students for each year of their studies; it does not need to be paid back.
- Oxford Brookes Bursary: £750 per year for students whose household income is below £25,000.
- Mature Bursary: £1,500 per year for students aged 21 or over when they enrol for their course, whose household income is below £25,000.
- Enhanced Bursary: £3,000 per year for students from specified postcodes, whose household income is under £25,000.