The University of Huddersfield is an award-winning, TEF gold-rated university. You’ll benefit from inspirational teaching and learning as well as top class facilities and resources. We’ve invested over £160 million in some exciting new buildings to make our campus a great place to be, and are continuing to invest. A new multi-million pound National Health Innovation Campus will be coming in Autumn 2024.
Our campus is located right in the heart of a vibrant town, with everything on one campus, so it's easy to find your way around. We are surrounded by beautiful countryside, as we are in Yorkshire. It’s also one of the friendliest places on earth! It’s in a great central location in the UK with Manchester and Leeds just a quick train ride away and it’s also well connected to the M62 and M1.
Huddersfield is a cosmopolitan, bustling and energetic place with a great choice of bars, restaurants, sporting facilities and shopping. Unlike some large cities, Huddersfield offers a relatively low cost of living, giving you more for your money.
To find out for yourself what makes Huddersfield so special, register for one of our Open Days
Why choose Huddersfield?
Why do nearly 20,000 students choose to study at Huddersfield?
- A gold-rated university. We are proud that the University of Huddersfield has been rated Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2023. This means that the student experience and student outcomes are typically outstanding.
- Teaching excellence. Here at Huddersfield, we have triple proof of teaching excellence: our staff rank in the top three in England for the proportion who hold doctorates, who have higher degrees, and hold teaching qualifications*. So, you’ll learn from some of the best, helping you to be the best.
- We’re top 20 in the UK for placement years in industry.** A placement or you may know it as a sandwich year will look great on your CV and help you stand out. We won best University Employability Strategy at the National Graduate Recruitment Awards 2021. We know how much employers value graduates with real-world experience, and we're here to provide you with the opportunities.
- A fantastic record of graduate employability. You can gain a professional accreditation, the Global Professional Award, alongside their degree.*** The Award is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (Level 5) meaning you’ll graduate with an additional internationally recognised qualification. Get noticed by an employer with these additional skills.
- Best Lecturers. We are joint first in the country for National Teaching Fellowships, which mark the UK’s best lecturers in Higher Education, winning a total of 20 since 2008. ****
- Student Satisfaction. The University of Huddersfield scored 76% for overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2022.*****
* HESA - 2022
**HESA Student Record 2020/21
***full-time, undergraduate first degrees with a minimum duration of three years. This does not include postgraduate, foundation, top-up, accelerated or apprenticeship degrees.
**** 2022 data
***** NSS, 2022
Order a copy of our prospectus to find out all about the University of Huddersfield and the courses you could study.
The University of Huddersfield offers hundreds of course choices for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Our main subject areas include:
It's not just about our inspirational teaching, you'll need top class facilities and resources. So we’re continually investing in our campus, facilities and technology giving you access to state-of the-art laboratories, specialist studios and industry-standard equipment.
Our facilities give students real-world experiences. You might hone your skills in our Trading Room,
mock Law court or crime scene suite. Perform in one of our concert venues or help to build a Formula student car.
Our art, design and architecture students have use of the unique Phidias Lab, to develop and prototype 3D
models in a VR environment. We also have professional production studios, simulation hospital wards and
automotive simulator engines, as well as a cutting-edge podiatry clinic with orthotics lab and surgical theatre suite.
All of this, as well as 24 hour computer labs and a library which is open seven days a week and round the clock most of the year, with access to Windows, Mac and Linux. Come and see it for yourself at our next Open Day.
Did you know that we are moving towards a carbon neutral campus? We're committed to reducing our impact on environment and tackling the Climate Emergency.
Placements are a valuable part of the courses here at Huddersfield as we know how much employers value these when our students are applying for jobs. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, placement opportunities may be more limited, but with our excellent industry links and connections we'll still do everything we can to ensure you have access to real-world experience throughout your course.
To search our range of courses visit: courses.hud.ac.uk
What our students love about Huddersfield
If you want to know what student life’s really like in Huddersfield, it’s best you hear it straight from our students. They can tell you everything you need to know from work placements and student societies to tips on managing money and revising for exams.
Read their latest blogs
or you can chat with one of our students
Find out more
Find out if Huddersfield is the right fit for you and book onto one of our Open Days. You can register your place when bookings are open, or save the date in your calendar.
We know it’s a big decision and we’re sure you will have lots of questions. It’s a chance to chat with staff and students from the course you’re interested in. If you’re coming on campus, then you will be able to look around our facilities and get a feel for where you’ll be studying. Book your place at our next Open Day.