At UWE Bristol, we empower our students to make a choice. To choose a university that pushes itself as much as it pushes you. To choose a community that’s breaking boundaries and leading the way. To choose a passion that excites, delights and gives you purpose.
And we lead by example. We champion curiosity and encourage you to question everything. We inspire you to push every button and break every mould. We want you to challenge the way things are done. To stop and think. Because when you stop and think, great things happen. Ultimately, we want you to be the best you can be.
Choose to do university right
4th in the South West of England for student satisfaction (excluding specialist HEIs) in the 2021 National Student Survey.
Film production and photography courses (4th) and Philosophy (5th), are both ranked in the top ten nationally, with Architecture (11th), building courses (12th), Psychology (13th), Mathematics (15th) and Education (15th) all achieving impressive places too in the UK
(The Guardian University League Tables 2022).
Investing in you
Over the past six years, we’ve invested £300 million into our modern learning spaces and resources, because our priorities lie with you.
Best city to live in. Happiest city to work in. Best place to live outside London for under 25s. World vegan capital. Greenest city. Most artistic city. You get the picture. Bristol is a city that keeps topping the polls and it’s harder to think of a better city in the UK to study, live and work in.
1. Sunday Times, 2. The Guardian, 3. Visit Bristol, 4. Chef’s Pencil, 5. Compare the Market, 6. Premier Inn.
Ready to face anything
We know that heading to university is a big deal. From new-found freedom to new people, city and routine, there’s a lot to take in. It’s our aim as a university to give you all the tools you need to succeed. And we’ll do everything we can help to you develop the skills you need to take control of your wellbeing and navigate challenges when they come your way.
Resources available to you include:
- Academic personal tutors – Who work with students throughout their course.
- Faculty support staff – To offer specialist advice on courses, modules and credits.
- PAL Scheme – A student-to-student support scheme.
- Student Support Advisers - Professional experts to help with a wider range of issue such as changes in personal circumstances and money matters.
- Wellbeing service – The door is always open to support with personal and mental health worries with 24/7 support services through Kooth student, free counselling and other resources.
7. Real world ready
Everything we do here is focused on preparing you for the real world. Our strong links with over 10,000 national and international employers allow us to design industry-relevant courses and offer you fantastic placements and internships.
Kick-starting your career
90.2% of our graduates are in work or further study 15 months after graduation, placing UWE Bristol in the top 30 UK universities for positive graduate employment prospects. Graduate Outcome Survey results from 2018/19, published 2021.