By 2020 UWE Bristol will have invested £300 million into its facilities ensuring learning spaces are modern, and that students have access to industry-standard equipment across the University, including:
- A £55m state-of-the-art Bristol Business School and Bristol Law School. Reflecting a real business environment and shortlisted for the 2018 Times Business School of the Year, also housing mock courtrooms and a virtual law office.
- The £9 million award-winning film studios for creative industries students at Bower Ashton Campus. Complemented by inspirational architecture and views of the historic Ashton Court estate, it houses industry-standard production and post-production facilities for filmmaking, animation and photography.
- A new engineering building, designed to inspire the engineers of the future. Opening in summer 2020, it’ll be built for hands-on investigation, with engine test cells, wind tunnels, collaborative learning spaces, a Merlin MP521 flight simulator, and one of Europe’s largest robotics labs.
- Newly refurbished PC labs at the Frenchay Campus including a cutting-edge games studio. Other studio facilities include integrated studios for CAD (Computer Aided Design) and a wide range of specialist architectural resources.
- Modern facilities for Health courses including a state-of-the-art simulation suite and newly-opened Optometry and Clinical Skills Centre allowing students to hone their skills in environments that mimic real clinical and community settings. Whether it’s using the hospital-standard equipment in diagnostic imaging, or delivering radiotherapy to virtual patients, students can confidently take their new knowledge into the workplace.
- A crime scene house for Forensic Science students.
As soon as you know what you’ll be studying, book onto an Open Day to see what’s available.
We want you to feel at home from day one, and that’s why we’ve a range of accommodation, on and off campus. And with over a thousand more new student rooms in our main Campus, we’re sure you’ll find something that’s right for you.
You are guaranteed accommodation as a new undergraduate student if you apply by the 8 June deadline – and even after that date, there may still be rooms available.
Our rents range from £111.77 - £185* per week inclusive of bills, contents insurance and Wi-Fi. We’ve bike storage, launderette facilities and there’s a discounted sports centre membership option too.
*Based on a 42-week let in 2019.
If you’d prefer private landlord accommodation, we’ll give you a comprehensive list of our approved suppliers.
In the meantime, explore our website for all accommodation options.