In recent years, we have invested £300 million into our facilities. This is to ensure our learning spaces are up-to-the-minute, and so you have access to industry-standard equipment across the University.
- A newly-opened engineering building, designed to inspire the engineers of the future. It has been built for hands-on investigation and offers engine test cells, wind tunnels, collaborative learning spaces, a Merlin MP521 flight simulator, and one of Europe’s largest robotics labs.
- A £55 million modern Bristol Business School and Bristol Law School that reflects a real business environment, and houses mock courtrooms and a virtual law office.
- Our £9 million award-winning film studios for creative industries students at Bower Ashton Campus. Complemented by inspirational architecture and views of the historic Ashton Court estate, it houses industry-standard production and post-production facilities for filmmaking, animation and photography.
- Newly refurbished PC labs at Frenchay Campus including a cutting-edge games studio. Other studio facilities include integrated studios for CAD (Computer Aided Design) and a wide range of specialist architectural resources.
- Modern facilities for our health courses including a modern simulation suite and newly-opened Optometry and Clinical Skills Centre, allowing you to hone your skills in environments that mimic real clinical and community settings. Whether it’s using the hospital-standard equipment in diagnostic imaging, or delivering radiotherapy to virtual patients, you can confidently take your new knowledge into the workplace.
- A crime scene house for forensic science students, featuring six rooms that have been specially adapted to stage a variety of simulated crime scenes. The house, designed by UWE Bristol and the Avon and Somerset Constabulary, allows students to examine each room and solve a jigsaw puzzle of clues, equipping them with invaluable skills and experience for a career in forensics.
As soon as you know what you’ll be studying book onto an Open Day to see what’s available: Open Days - Courses and applying | UWE Bristol .
We want you to feel at home from day one, and that’s why we’ve a range of accommodation, both on and off campus. And with over a thousand more new student rooms on our main Campus, we’re sure you’ll find something that’s right for you.
Our rents range from £4,911.19 - £13,107.00 per annum (contracts vary between 40 and 51 weeks) and are inclusive of bills, contents insurance and Wi-Fi. We also have bike storage, launderette facilities and there’s a discounted sports centre membership option too.
If you’d prefer private landlord accommodation, we’ll give you a comprehensive list of our approved suppliers.
In the meantime, explore our website for all accommodation options: Accommodation - Life | UWE Bristol .